Sunday, September 5, 2010

We've been here in Marina for a month now, and we love living here! The weather is perfect--we see both sunny blue sky days and foggy cool days, usually both in the same day. Ella loves going to the beach and the playground, and our little "house" is not so little for the four of us. We have yet to go to the aquarium, but that will come soon as JoAnn and Sandra will be coming this week to visit for two weeks.

I decided to let Ella sit in this old portable swing that I got used for her when we took that vacation to Bodega Bay when she was about three months old. She loves swings, unlike her sister, so why not give her a comfy place to read?


A little over a week ago we all went to Bubba Gumps on Cannery Row for a CSU, Monterey athletics party to kick off the new season. We met the other coaches and their families who were very friendly and welcoming. Coach Bishop's daughters shared their chicken fingers with Ella :)

Ella got her hands on a huge apple in the van after a trip to the beach. She actually munched about half of it before she got full--unfortunately she doesn't know there are some parts you are not supposed to eat, so she ate the bottom of the core :(


This is an adorable surfboard play mat the Doe family got for Grace. The top part can be filled with water so the baby can watch these little foam fish float around.

Ella has taken to "reading" to her sister. She has also taken to pulling her arms out of her shirts and walking around with her onesie top around her waist!
Grace has excellent hand/eye coordination. She is already purposefully grabbing objects.

Just checking . . .


I'm not sure what they are plotting, but I think I should be worried :)

More pics of my smiley baby . . .






I've decided to try to "recreate" some pictures of Ella with Grace just for fun (not to compare the two :) Here are Grace and Ella in the cow outfit Nonna got Ella. Ella is 2 months and 19 days old and Grace is 2 months and 19 days old (I didn't plan that, I swear!) Grace looks much bigger, but I also took her picture closer than I did Ella's. Grace does look too big for the shirt already.


1 comment: